The Society offer a range of differing membership options to our members with varying benefits for every price range!
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL 2020
Following the AGM on the 12th of January 2019 the Board has been active on a variety of fronts to ensure that the Society continues to be run as effectively as possible, including:
- Holding regular Board meetings and ensuring Minutes are posted on the Society website.
- Continued prudent management of finances to ensure that the organisation remains solvent.
- The provision of financial support to Youth Development and Player Sponsorship.
- Lengthy dialogue with the Club Board and a detailed response to the Club’s share issue proposals following consultation with the Members. In doing so the Society held onto all of the Society’s Ordinary and 'A' Ordinary shares in accordance with the majority of its Members wishes.
- Efforts to strengthen the relationship with Dundee Football Club and its owners FPS.
- The nomination of Society Director Ian Baird to be the 'Primary Representative of the Society' on the DFC Board.
- Preparations for the annual renewal of Society Memberships 2020.
- Active backing for the establishment of a 'DFC Heritage Trust' as proposed by a separate group of supporters.
- Considering proposals to focus the identity of organisation on the 'Dee4Life' branding.
Full Membership (£5)
Full membership is open to individuals aged 16 and over. Every full member will entitled to hold a £1 share in the capital of the Society and be entitled to vote at any general meeting of the Society.
Junior Membership (Free)
The Board is keen to welcome members under the age of 16. Junior members will not be entitled to hold a share in the Society or vote at general meetings of the Society however it’s hoped that the Society will be able to organise activities that will be of particular interest to its junior members.
Associate Membership (£25)
The Board also wishes to encourage corporate or unincorporated bodies to support its activities. Organisations that join the society will entitled to hold a £1 share in the capital of the Society and one registered representative will be entitled to vote at any general meeting of the Society.
The Benefits of membership
The benefits of membership include being part of the largest supporters trust network in Scotland and the UK through the Society’s membership of Supporters Direct www.supporters-direct.scot You will be allocated a share (apart from Junior members) in the organisation that is the second largest shareholder in Dundee Football Club and be entitled to a vote at any general meeting of the Society. You will be able to stand for election (if you are age 18 or over) to the Board of the Society. You will be able to participate in all Society activities and events. You will receive £5 discount on the first ticket you purchase for a Society event costing over £5 to attend. You will be able to provide valuable input into all future activities of the Society.
Aims of the Society for 2020
- To be a wholly representative and democratically run organisation.
- To continue to represent the interests of the members, the wider support and community.
- To work towards strengthening bonds with the Club.
- To work towards ensuring that the Club is accountable to its supporters through representation on the Club Board.
- To benefit the members and the wider community through the distribution of funds and the organisation of events.
Finally, the Society Board greatly values the backing of all its members both present and past and the Directors hope that you will continue to support the Society through your membership for the coming year.
How to Join
Please complete and sign the membership application form below and return it to the address below enclosing a cheque for the correct amount or through GoCardless which can be accessed via www.dee4life.com.